Sunday, August 30, 2015

Father Joseph is still well alive mind body and soul

I apologize if I shocked people with those pictures. These are his wounds he has walked around with for 10 years or so. These wounds wax and wane in different locations on his back legs arms   He gets wounds changed and redressed three times a week. His squamous cell carcinoma sites are worsening and his breathing is labored with exertion.  As I reflect on his wounds it comes to me that we are to see Christ in each other and reflect Christ to others. His reflection is that of Jesus Christ scourged.  He offers each time of change for the priests of this diocese. He offers his body and soul each day to God. I have more pictures I will share with you eventually. He is truly a silent sufferer. As we go into September and beyond will you also give your all for the mission God has called you to complete in your life?  Prayers for all of you .

No comments:

Post a Comment